Hie my bloggie friends and Happy Hump Day. I'm glad to say that from two days of predicted stormy weather we only had one and it wasn't that bad. I am here with my 5th school card. I thought I had run out of ideas but I started thinking about the old cartoons(my fave) and how they put the kids in the corner of the class room and the wheels started turning. I really wanted a desk but I didn't have the cut and time was limited. I used Playtime cart., doing some alterations to create a faceless little boy. I hand cut a face and added it to the blackout cut. I then added a Peachy Keen face(PK-573) with some Pebbles chalk for the cheeks. For the frame I used MS Seasonal cart. The card is a sketch for a challenge. I also hand cut the banners, chalkboard & chalk. I used a white gel pen(Signo), ribbon (Oriental Trading) from my stash. I finished it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder & Tim Holtz folder which is the 1st time in use. I just love those clocks and embossing. Had so much fun1 Thanks for joining me.
Challenges
Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #33 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbons Ramblings Challenge #55 - Back To School & Ribbon Theme
Go Fish Challenge #24 - Back To School
Pumpkin Spice/September Blog Hop Challenge - Labor Day / Back To School
DL Art Thankful Thursday Linky Party - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant challenge #164 - Use Patterned Paper
The Pink Elephant challenge #164 - Use Patterned Paper
Very cute back to school card, Love the chalkboard look.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for joining Dl.ART 1000 POST linky party.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Cute! A great way to use that little boy! I have that cart, too, and haven't used him yet--thought it would be kinda mean to scrap a page of my little boy pouting! But you came up with a great idea! I might copy you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing it with us!