Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back To School



I am back my bloggie friends with one of my faves. It is a shaped card.  I just love making and seeing shaped card projects.  The carts. I used were Doodlcharms & Simply Charmed.  There was charm to spare, LOL.
I know, ugh right.  I started by cutting out the backpack, then folding a piece of cardstock and tracing it out slightly off the top to make foldable.  I created my own charms adding Glossy Accents to them. Using a paper piercer I made an opening, where I placed some floss and tied them on  adding a button.  Each layer was attached with tacky tape only around the bottom and sides.  So all the pockets, along with the one I cut out on top of the bag, could be used.  I drew a few faux stitches on the smaller pocket and added some silver brads.  I also used Glossy Accents on the top of the scissors.  I finished it with a letter sticker from my stash.  I paced an A in honor of my granddaughter. She started school almost a month ago.  I really love how this card turned out. I hope you enjoy it also.

Challenges
Exploring Cricut Challenge - Back To School(Use 8 Crayola Crayons-Red, Green, Blue, Orange, Brown & Black/can use white)
Paper Issues Challenge & Blog Hop - Apple For The Teacher

22 comments:

  1. Adorable. I love how you made useable pockets.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the cutest, love your details, thanks for joining us at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your back to school project--well done! So glad you joined us at FCCB this week. Hope you'll play along with us next week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great details, thanks for joining us at BBTB2 Back to School challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shape card is adorable and thanks for entering it at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is truly an adorable card! I love the bookbag and all of the fun cuts. Great Job!!! Thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fab love it !! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB this week
    xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shaped cards, too. Yours is just delightful with all the little goodies in it. Thanks for playing along at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little backpack shaped card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 and FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is absolutly fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! This is totally fabulous!!! I so love your backpack shaped card!! Love all those pockets! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your backpack and all it's goodies. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 and FCCB.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness I just love this backpack! I love how you made it a shaped card, but I also love how you made it interactive!! All your "school supplies" look so cute in their little pockets! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely adorable, love it!!!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My!!! This is adorable!! I love all the little touches you put into this!! I host the Scrappin' Saturday over at Fantabulous Cricut and am going to showcase your project tomorrow.
    Melissa
    FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww..Love the backpack and all the sweet details..WOW! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! Love that backpack! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Backpack, great idea for a back to school project, thanks for sharing...........


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love shaped cards! Awsome job, thanks for linking up with FCCB crawl- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations on your top 5 pick! Love your project! Thanks again for joining us over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete