Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rockin Journal


Hey all my bloggie friends I am sure that most of us are settling in to the new year by now.  I am ready to have all new fun, inspiration and a whole mess of creating.  I am looking forward to learning and better understanding of blogs, computers and all that goes with it.I am here with my 1st ever journal.  I used Indie Art & Rock Princess carts. which are perfect for my older granddaughter.  I added a MS Starburst border, 3M tape (my granddaughter gave me for the project).  The paper is a single bought sheet from Michaels.  I finished it with a sentiment from K. Andrews.



 Here is a close up of the cut she asked for.  Well she wanted a heart w/wings and I thought this was the perfect cut.
Here is a close up of the sentiment from K. Andrews from Love To Crop.  She is not making stamps any more and had put them all on sale.

Here is the back view.  I made the MS border wider(Recollections) because I ran out of paper.  I use this sheeting idea when I run into shortage or mess up problems.  The sentiment was placed on the 1st page inside.  it is also from K. Andrew.  I think this will help her get her thought and ideas organized.
Sorry that the post was a bit long but was so excited about my project.  I promised myself this year I would push myself to try more 3D projects.  This is 1 of 2 journals I made.  One for each granddaughter.  I will post the 2nd one at a later date.  Thanks for joining me.

Challenges
Paper Craft Star Challenge #126 - Favorite 2012 Project
Fantabulous Cricut Crawl Challenge - Get Organized


8 comments:

  1. Great journal, love how you decorated it . Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal thanks for sharing with us at FCCB xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful journal!! Thanks for sharing your favorite project with us at Papercraft Star.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super journal ... Many thanks for playing at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal, great papers and the sentiment stamps are perfect!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, I like the color combo!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! This coordinates so beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great journal, Marg,I am sure your grand daughter will love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Papercraft Star this week in looking back at your best project of 2012.

    ReplyDelete