Thursday, January 17, 2013

Boys Will Be Boys

Hi, hope everyone is doing well.  Still gloomy here!  Hope the sun shines soon.  We all know how we react when told to make a masculine card.  This time I ran over to Nate's ABC's cart. which I had only used once before.  It has so many wonderful masculine cuts.  I decided on this one which gave me a bit of a problem.  Can anyone explain to me why when I cut out the layers, they cut out at a different size?  I thought the related layers automatically cut at the same size.  I ended up taking much longer and cutting out the same cuts a few times.  From my stash I used Studio G black glitter, MS gate border punch(I cut off the bats), My Pink Stamper Lunchbox Thoughts stamp set and Cuttlebug B-Day embossing folder.  Most of the card was done with scraps.  I won the patterned paper(Echo Park/This & That) last year and am finally using it.  I really like this cut.  Thanks for dropping by.

Challenges

9 comments:

  1. This is such a cute boy card love the background paper.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a sweet card! The dog is adorable in black glitter :)
    Did you check the settings on your machine? Sounds like you may have accidentally hit the "Real Dial Size" button? Thanks for joining us for the Whimsical Wednesday challenge over at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Very nice sentiment, and embossing. Thank you for playing along with us at WW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous boy card! I always have the hardest time making them. Yours looks wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at paper Playtime!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry you had problems, but the card turned out amazing.. That cart is definitely one of my all time fav's.
    thanks for playing along with us girls over at Whimsical Designs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you with all the detailed layers. I used one of the Disney carts for a card once. Wow! that took forever! Your card came out just beautiful. Just double check that the Real Dial size is not lit. That's really the only thing I can think of. So glad you could join us at FCCB this week"-)

    ~Tammy S

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so loving this card! It is adorable. All the effort and time is displayed in it! Beautiful job!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great guy card, I really like that image! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete